Artist Profile: Jane Osmond

Shuttlingsloe, Jane Osmond - Etching
As I look out of my window, the road outside is running smoothly, and all my hard work clearing the paths this week has meant that there will be easy access to the studio this weekend, so I do hope you will be able to dig yourselves out and come along and see all the goodies on offer here.

More about the artists showing in my Pop Up Art and Craft Sale:  Today, print-maker Jane Osmond.  Jane is well known in and around Macc for her sublime etchings and aquatints of local landscapes.  The local hills and dales mean a lot to me; I have many favourite walks and I love to to explore and find new one.  And if I crane my neck I can just see the start of the hills from my bedroom window.  So it's hard not to adore Jane's prints, which are a little window into your living room on that lovely world outside - and all without challenging my neck muscles!  The processes Jane uses are very old; dating back to the Renaissance, and producing each print is a labour of love.  Jane became interested in drawing landscapes when she was working at the Academy of Art in Oslo, Norway, and the process of etching, for her, complimented the characteristics of landscape and how she wanted to represent them. Since then, she has become and expert and exhibits widely.  She runs a gallery and print-workshop in Rainow, and is delighted to pass on her skills to many enthusiastic students.

Jane Osmond - Silk Screen Print

Kind Edward Street Chapel
For more info about the Pop Up Art and Craft Sale, see this blog post, or my website

Other artists showing at my Pop Up Sale are Jane Cummins, Ruth Robinson, Louise Watson, Jude Stoll and Ralph McGaul.

Pop Up Art and Craft Sale, Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 December 2010, 10-5pm.
Location: 87b Gawsworth Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, Sk11 8UF.  01625 421768

Comments

Popular Posts