Artist Profile: Jude Stoll


Well, the weather is calming down a bit, and paths are still clear (or at least they will be when I get out with my brush and spade later on).

More about the artists showing in my Pop Up Art and Craft Sale.  Today: Jude Stoll.  Jude is a self confessed womble, making use of the things others leave behind to create beautiful sculptures and objects.  She is also deeply committed to passing on the benefits of creativity to children and adults alike, and works with all kinds of materials; glass, paper, plastic, clay wood, you name it - to help people realise their own creative potential.  Here I've shown you a snapshot of Jude's glass work, but she is master of many trades, and for the Pop Up Art and Craft Sale is sending me her range of lively ceramic jewellery, buttons and beads.

Jude grew up surrounded by an artistic family who encouraged her to develop her own creativity. During her twenties, she spent ten years working in a corporate career before realising that a sense of imagination, invention and inspiration were missing from her life. Jude returned to college and later University, graduating in 2004 with a First-Class Honours Degree in Design: Glass.



Jude first started working with found and recycled materials in her final year at University and has continued to do so ever since.

“When I first started to develop work with found objects I felt like I had finally found my voice. It feels honest, and true to my personality and beliefs to use recycled materials, and it also allows me to fulfil an inherent magpie pleasure in searching out and collecting treasures that other people see as worthless.”


For more info about the Pop Up Art and Craft Sale, see this blog post, or my website

Profiling on Friday: Jane Osmond, primtmaker. Other artists showing at my Pop Up Sale are Jane Cummins, Ruth Robinson, Louise Watson and Ralph McGaul. More profiles later in the week............

Pop Up Art and Craft Sale, Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 December 2010, 10-5pm.
Location: 87b Gawsworth Road, Macclesfield, Cheshire, Sk11 8UF.  01625 421768

Comments

Popular Posts