The Button Project is on until 8 August

Victoria Scholes, fused glass button
Visit Macclesfield - a historic silk town nestling on the edge of the peak district - to find a knock-out collection of contemporary buttons made by artists from all over the work.

As one of the museum staff said "Macclesfield's got button fever!", and this little town has certainly been buzzing with button lovers and makers from all over the country.

I'm so thrilled with how this has gone. When I started, I wasn't sure that enough artists and makers would be interested to create a striking show. Now, with exactly 280 makers, I sometimes wonder how I'm going to keep up with managing it all!  Still, a great problem to have.  The button here is my very own contribution.

So, don't forget:
The Button Project
to 8 August

The Heritage Centre
Roe Street
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 6UT

See the silk museum website for opening times

Jump to Victoria Scholes' website


Comments

Popular Posts