A proposal for Barnaby Art Trail 2012: Midsummer Magic

Local festivals are a bit of a thing at the moment, and it's easy to see why when you've been to one.  They really get the heart pumping with pride.  I was delighted that the Macclesfield festival, Barnaby, has opened up submissions for their art trail this year.  The theme is Midsummer, and I nearly fell over myself with delight as I've done several series recently inspired by Shakespeare's plays; why not something that draws on 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'?  It's full of magic and nonsense and all set in the woods, which is a favourite theme of mine in Shakespeare. The woods are somewhere beautiful and intimate, but also mysterious and just a little bit spooky. I'm putting forward a proposal to do an installation of 20 glass 'polaroid' pictures offering a mini-midsummer adventure. It will have something of the flavour of my 'Strange Music, Rough Magic' and 'As You Like It' series, but will be a little different too.  I've started on a couple of samples to get the technical stuff ironed out. Looking good, I think, but a long way to go.

I'm hoping to work with Andy Williams of G Fine Art gallery in Macclesfield, a fabulous artist in his own right as well as owner and director of the gallery.

Let's hope Barnaby like it.......

Jump to Victoria Scholes' website
Jump to Barnaby Festival website


Comments

Popular Posts