Pop Up Art and Craft Sale, 4th and 5th December 2010


Some of Victoria Scholes' latest bead designs
You are warmly invited to join me for my ‘Pop Up Art and Craft Sale’ over the weekend of 4 and 5 December 2010 at my studio. I will be showing a range of my glass jewellery, beads, prints and photographs, presented with Christmas gifts specifically in mind.  I have also invited a few artist friends to show some of their work – so there will be a real variety of lovely stuff on offer.  These will include prints by painter and printmaker, Ralph McGaul; luscious jewellery from glass artist Louise Watson; stunning handbags by felt-maker and woodturner Jane Cummins; and quirky beads and buttons by Cumbrian artist Jude Stoll.   Watch this space because there are a few more in the offing….

Jewellery by Louise Watson
There will be regular bead-making demonstrations throughout the weekend, and the opportunity to pick your favourite bead and make your own unique Christmas gift. To get us in the mood for Christmas, mulled wine (and a soft version for drivers) and mince pies will be served throughout the weekend.  Prices will range from 50p to £150, but as always, if you don’t want to buy, just come for a chat and a mince pie.  I would love to see you.

‘Pop up’ events are happening all over the country at the moment – they are one off, lively events that can be anything from sales to fashion shows, and they take place in all kinds of venues – empty shops, marquees and garages.  As far as I know this is the first Pop-Up event Macclesfield.

Handbags by Jane Cummins
My studio will be will be clearly signed with ‘Pop-Up Art and Craft Sale’.

 Location and directions:  87b Gawsworth Road, Macclesfield SK11 8UF.  Telephone 01625 421768. At the Broken Cross roundabout on the A537, take the B5392 (marked Broken Cross, this quickly becomes Gawsworth Rd). Ignore turning onto Pexhill Rd. I'm half a mile down on the left, just past the Earlsway turning.


Comments

Popular Posts