Proper Job

The weather's fab, spring has sprung, the grass is ris etc., but I'm having a "I need to get a proper job" kind of day. It happens from time to time.  This time it was because I enjoyed my book-making course at Hotbed Press so much,  I was able to relax and be creative in a way I feel that I haven't done for a long time  I'm so driven all the time that I forget to enjoy it!  Sometimes I wonder how long by old ticker can stand it.  It makes me think maybe if I had a proper job, that actually brought in some cash, I could do some real creative art.  But then I probably wouldn't have time for it.  It's a catch 22 many of us makers feel entrapped by. A stressed out Pharmacist friend of mine said to me the other day "I'll have to give it all up and throw pots".  Never mind that I don't throw pots, it reflects the feeling that many people outside the arts and crafts have that we've somehow dropped out, and spend our days in blissful productivity. Ha!  I wish.  It's finding that balance that's so difficult.
Visit my website, there's some new stuff on there.  The picture is the swing seat in the garden I don't spend enough time on.

Comments

Popular Posts