Barnaby Festival and prints

Moving Clay (local art group, not exclusively ceramics as you might expect) meeting last night.  We were thinking about our upcoming show in Duke's Court, Macclesfield, as part of the Barnaby Festival in June.  I need to decide by Wednesday next week what to submit for the show.  No point in putting my glass pieces in - I feel that no-body gets them, and it's not the right forum.  I don't want to put anything in that's not me - not a genuine reflection of what I do.  I don't want to put in old work, and I've got to consider whether I have time to make it.  Anyway, these are my thoughts: my recent screenprint experiments with landscapes, buildings and people might be just the thing.   Originally (deliberately) blurry photos, they are transformed by the screen printing process in a way I rather like.  The three colour separations are good too.  The black and white are a bit Piranesi-ish and I'm not sure I can live up to that!  Picture to go up on my website soon.

Comments

Popular Posts