Invitation to a Pre-Christmas Open Studio

Cheshire Open Studios, 6 & 7 December 2008, 11-4pm

 

On the weekend of 6 & 7 December I will be holding a special pre-Christmas 'Open Studio' as part of the wider Cheshire Open Studios event.  You are warmly invited to come and join me.  I will be showing a range of my glass sculptures, plus some jewellery, prints and drawings, and I will be displaying some items with Christmas gifts specifically in mind.  There will be regular demonstrations of some of the techniques involved in glass-making, and I will be very happy to chat about my work and inspirations.  There will be the opportunity to buy, but there will be no obligation!

 

Following the success of the bead-making demonstrations at the September Open Studio, I will be offering a range of beads for sale, together with the opportunity to make your own unique Christmas gift. 

 

To get us in the mood for Christmas, mulled wine (and a soft version for drivers) and mince pies will be served throughout the weekend.

 

Make a day of it and visit some of the other studios that are open across Cheshire that weekend.  See www.artistsatwork.org.uk.  Every studio will be marked with yellow signs.

 

Location and directions:  87b Gawsworth Road, Macclesfield SK11 8UF.  Telephone 01625 421768.  At the Broken Cross roundabout on the A537, take the B5392 (marked Broken Cross, this quickly becomes Gawsworth Rd). Ignore turning onto Pexhill Rd. I'm half a mile down on the left, just past the Earlsway turning.


Image: Strange Music, Rough Magic, Victoria Scholes 2008. www.victoriascholes.com

Comments

Popular Posts